Sunday, January 24, 2010

God chose my dress! :)



I'm so excited to tell you guys this! Guess what? I found the perfect dress!!!!!!!!
And it's so amazing, it's God's timing and His leading indeed. DIVINE INTERVENTION i tell you.

So we were suppose to go look and try for MORE wedding dresses on Sat,and was foreseeing another tiring unfulfilling cannot find a dress day. All these wedding shops only cater to one style. And to add to that, we had to settle printing the cards ASAP. So we decided to look around here before heading to Pudu area where his friends mention that many shops print wedding cards for like RM1.50 per piece. So looked at the shop around here, and the shop that said they printed wedding cards...DIDN'T print wedding cards. Got bluffed. haha. And so just before we left we notice another printing shop next to it but it didn't have any indication that it prints wedding cards. I guess we decided to ask anyway, no harm trying right? So we went in and guess what? We got it printed for like 90cent per piece. HEH. :) One problem solved (and at a good price), one more to go- THE DRESS.

We headed for lunch first but was feeling really tired and lazy and dreading to go labour looking for dresses. while eating I was thinking :" I don't want to go, I don't' want to go, I don't' want to go...maybe I should just go back to the previous shop and get the second choice which was not what I wanted but I guess the best so far. :( " I gave Jason the look, and he said :" Why? What's with the PMS look?" I told him my woes and he said he didn't really want to go either but wouldn't want to go the next day so he suggested to just drag ourselves there ( to a shop that his friend suggested ) and have a look and head back quickly. Doubt it would be any different from the previous ones.SIGH. OKLOH.

So we dragged ourselves there.Pressed the door bell to a small shop on the second floor. The lady opened it. And everything just fell into place.We said we were looking this certain style. And guess what, the absolutely loves the style we were looking for and can't believes why everyone wants tube type. She even had a collection and she custom makes too. She said she can make mine and rent it out since my size is quite rent-a-ble. But it would be worth me keeping it cause the cost is not much different.And the price to MAKE and KEEP the dress it is not much different from renting a gown from the other shops...so it is absolutely worth it. So she designed like a lovely one for me! :) And everything that i wanted! :) :) :)
Might as well do an evening dress as well said Jason, what more, if I own it, I can use it twice- for the kl and Ipoh one. Beats renting the gown twice for almost the same price. And it's lovely!!!! :) :) :) SO 1 hour gaotim, designed, ready to make, solved!

WE were in awe and smiling ear to ear at each other and at God when we left the shop cause we couldn't believe how everything fell into place in such perfect timing- when we were about to give up. God is funny once again. He always waits for us to almost give up, surrender fully to Him, and then He leads in such perfection!

WE were also in awe and laughing out loud when we left the shop cause we left the shop WITHOUT my shoes. I forgot that I left my shoes in the changing room. HAHA. Too excited la tu. That was funny. I walked out and wondered..hey where's my shoes. :P

I'm so tempted to let you see pictures of how it would look like. But no fun la tu. I'll keep it a surprise! :)

So, No more wedding nightmares for me! :) HEHE.Back to my normal dreams. PHEW!

God really does take care of our every need! No matter is too small for Him! And He proves it over and over again. This wedding journey in all its ups and down boils down to one thing-experiencing Him ever more of His faithfulness and goodness and how we need to trust in Him in all things- ALL things.

I am reminded of this song:

1. 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, Thus saith the Lord.

* Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more.

2. O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me,
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood.

3. Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.

4. I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

6 comments:

  1. wohooo!!!... and about the same time that happened.. the brides maids got their dresses too!... all gaotim dy.. God gautimmed.. heheheh
    HUUUUGSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed.. God takes care of every detail, though sometimes we do not realise it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you Divya!! Xp..

    I love reading the story God installed for you & Jason.. Xp.. So sweet.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww... i also wan a nice dre...er, i mean thank God for leading you to the perfect dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. honyau! next time your birthday we get you a dress! :P LOL

    ReplyDelete