Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mismatch

Monica, Jason, Jeremy, the pillar, Me, Si Qin, Guy1, Guy2, and Guy3 ( in this order on the round table) were all sitting at the table. It was a Malay wedding held in a restaurant. The hall was big but there were only 6 tables. Our table was at the end. The last one.

>Pic 1: How the dinner looked like and the position of our sitting.

And guess what? Jason was the Emcee AGAIN! HaHa. But this time, he wasn’t wearing formal attire. He was in his jeans and his dark blue long sleeve shirt. Show time! He walked up all the way to the stage which was pretty far; taking out his wallet and throwing it to his mom on the way for safekeeping; and after a few minutes he came back. Smilingly, he looked at us and told us the news.

“I went all the way up there to tell the audience about the groom but all that came out from my mouth was ‘ribbit’, ‘ribbit’!”

Funny.

Then an air stewardess walked past to exit the door. She apparently had just played the violin on stage and was about to leave the dinner. We all looked at her as she walked out of the door. She was pretty.

Anyway we were all sitting down and it was funny how Jeremy was sitting in between Jason and I. Tsk Tsk. After Jeremy was a pillar, then it was me. Siqin sat on my right and I was having a discussion with her on what shoe the Guy2 was wearing. Siqin was in a high school uniform, a Baju Kurung to be exact. Hmmmm. And she asked me to look under the table cloth and describe to her what shoes Guy2 was wearing.

“Erm, Black with lines on it? The lines are more like the texture of the shoes,” I said.

“Oouu! Interesting! I think he is some kind of musician then!” Siqin said.

> Pic2: How the guy's shoe looked like.

I also conversed with Monica from across the table. We were talking about birthdays and stuff.

“You can get me pancakes for my birthday,” Monica said.

Then a young girl, probably around 6 or 7 years old, appeared out of nowhere. She was sitting on the table, holding a pen and trying to grab the menu to draw on. Jason then pulled out some exam papers from his file and gave it to the girl. She happily took it and started drawing. I turned to Siqin to make a joke.

“ You know, if you give the girl the test papers and ask her to draw, she won’t; but if you give the girl the test papers and ask her not to draw, she will! HaHa!” I said.

Siqin and Guy1 next to her laughed as if it was the funniest joke in the world! (Come to think of it, there’s really nothing funny about the joke. But it was funny in my dream!)

Change of scene.

My neighbors, orang putihs, from across my house barged in while I was sleeping. Asleep in the living room; on the floor; I woke up to find them staring at me in disgust as if sleeping on the floor was the worse thing to do. I was pretty mad when I saw their faces but I pretended to sleep. At the corner of my eyes I could see a whole bunch of orang putihs coming out from their house, one even in a bikini.

Hmmm.

Later that day, my brother was showing me something rather interesting. My mom’s old Nokia Phone has a new device on it. It comes with a handkerchief compartment. Press a button and a stick comes out at the upper left corner of the phone. Attached to the stick is a miniature hanky wrapped around the stick.

>Pic3: The handkerchief device on the nokia phone.

Funny.

Change of scene.

Jason and I were driving home to Jason’s house with a dog in the car. Apparently this dog belonged to Jason and we just saved him. His name was “Pole”. When we reached the front gate, I went out of the car to open the gate for Jason’s car to go into the porch. 2 dogs approached me. They were Jason’s too. AND, they could speak CANTONESE! Yea, they were sniffing at me and asking each other: “ yi ko hai Ruth lei gem eh? ( is this Ruth?)”

Then the other dog said: “ Hai ah. Ruth lei ge, Ruth lei ge. (Yes, it is Ruth. It is Ruth.)”

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha....so random wan the dream and the scene change...gosh u even drew ur dream out.....cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha... so funny!! Xp.. and it's cool that you draw our dream out! Xp..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaka. :) Better draw out before it's gone forever in my memory.

    ReplyDelete